Home Audio Books & Poetry | Community Audio | Computers & Technology | Grateful Dead | Live Music Archive | Music, Arts & Culture | Netlabels | News & Public Affairs | Non-English Audio | Podcasts | Radio Programs | Spirituality & Religion

Listen to audio

item image

Stream (help[help])

VBR M3U (Hi-Fi)

Resources

DeadLists Project
Bookmark

Grateful DeadGrateful Dead Live at Cleveland Public Hall on 1973-12-06 (December 6, 1973)

This audio is available in streaming format

something has gone horribly wrong 8-p
Prefer flash? · Embed · Questions/Feedback?

Collection: GratefulDead
Band/Artist: Grateful Dead
Date: December 6, 1973 (check for other copies)
Venue: Cleveland Public Hall
Location: Cleveland, OH

Source: S:MR>Cass>SonicSolutions>DAT>ZA2>CD
Transferred by: Rod Nayfield

Description

Disc 1
1) They Love Each Other [5:10]
2) Greatest Story Ever Told [5:45]
3) China Cat Sunflower -> [7:24]
4) I Know You Rider [7:28]

Disc 2

1) Dark Star! -> [41:14]
2) Eyes of the World -> [13:21]
3) Stella Blue [8:46]

Notes

Notes: Reel Splice in Eyes - on Master Reel.

rod@nycheads.com

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:41:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rod Nayfield
Subject: Re: [siteops] can anyone confirm GD 731206

I have been getting a lot of mail on this one recently.
So a couple of FAQs (or frequently given answers, FGAs)

* Yes, the date is correct

* I have been told that this was played at the "public hall" across the
street from the convention center. Either way, it WAS in cleveland.

* The fragments of the show (as below) are what circulates with this
lineage. There may be other versions circulating. I do not have them.

* The entry in the taper's compendium Vol I. refers to a previously
circulating version and only has the list of what was on that tape.

* The entry in deadlists.com is complete but you have to read through the
entire entry to see that china>rider was played.

* Early deadbases (DB 6? 8?) are not complete. However DB X and XI do
list the entire setlist.

* The cut in stella blue is on the master reel.

-Rod

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Burma wrote:

> this is the text file but im not sure where the Stella Blue comes from ,
> does anyone know if there is a version floating around with the missing
> songs from set 1 and set 2
>
> Burma
>
> The Grateful Dead
> 12/06/73 - Cleveland OH
>
> Disc 1
> 1) They Love Each Other [5:10]
> 2) Greatest Story Ever Told [5:45]
> 3) China Cat Sunflower -> [7:24]
> 4) I Know You Rider [7:28]
>
> Disc 2
>
> 1) Dark Star! -> [41:14]
> 2) Eyes of the World -> [13:21]
> 3) Stella Blue [8:46]

Write a review
Streamed 2,687 times
Reviews
Average Rating: 4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars4.50 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: craw - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - March 11, 2009
Subject: why china rider seperate?
for the love of all that is good and holy why are there splices between seamless jams in china rider and dark star etc.....WTF????
Reviewer: boohabi - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - May 21, 2008
Subject: This is the finest China>Rider
This show holds the absolute best transitional jam between China and Rider. Hands down. I remeber Gans swearing up and down about it on the Hour, back in the day. Can't believe it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I've never even listened to the rest of the show because of it. Dark Star>Eyes probably rocks, but that little jam is stellar.

Terms of Use (31 Dec 2014)